Lauren Camerini, CPDT-KA, BA
Founder and Director of Training
Lauren Camerini was born and raised in New York City. Growing up in an apartment filled with dogs, cats, turtles, frogs, hamsters, guinea pigs, and fish, she was exposed early-on to both the joys and challenges of being a pet parent in the city. Lauren attributes her creative training methods to this unique understanding of what it takes to have a peaceful relationship with your dog in a busy urban environment.
Lauren is certified by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers and the Association of Pet Dog Trainers. The certification process requires many years of experience working with different breeds and different behavioral
issues. It also requires that trainers have knowledge in Learning Theory (the science of how mammals learn) and Ethology (the study of animal behavior), as well as effective communication skills with both four-legged and two-legged clients!
Lauren graduated from the University of Vermont with a BA in Political Science and Environmental Science with a focus in Animal Behavior. She worked for several years as a Veterinary Technician, before committing herself to the training side of the animal care field. Lauren’s approach to training has been influenced by prominent dog behavior experts such as Sarah Kalnajs, certified canine behavior expert; Suzanne Clothier, the founder of Relationship Centered Training; and Pia Silvani, behavior expert and teaching instructor. Lauren continues her education in training and behavior modification by regularly attending seminars hosted by world-renowned Dog Trainers and Certified Applied Animal Behaviorists.
Lauren shares her NYC home with Chloe, 15-year old Maltese; Dylan, 4-year old Maltese; Aspen, 2-year old Lab/Pointer mix; and Shelly, her 22-year old Turtle. She volunteers regularly for the Metropolitan Maltese Rescue.
Qualifications, Education, & Training
- Certified by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers
- Professional Member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers
- Certified in Pet First Aid by the American Red Cross
- Volunteer Dog Trainer for Metropolitan Maltese Rescue
- Certified AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator
- Apprenticeship under Sarah Kalnajs, renowned canine behavior expert
- Hands-on workshops with Suzanne Clothier, founder of Relationship Centered Training
- Instructor Graduate from Instructor Training Course (ITC) with Pia Silvani and Sue Sternberg
- Former Veterinary Technician
- Graduate of University of Vermont, BA in Political Science & Environmental Science, with a focus in Animal Behavior