The Peaceful Dog in NYC
Whether you need the Hair Of The Dog to make up for a “ruff” Saturday night or a place to relax with your pup, The Peaceful Dog is always up to date on the best dog friendly hangouts in NYC.
- Von. This East Village hangout is dog friendly and supports many local rescue groups. They offer food, European beers and a very hip downtown décor. It is always bustling on a Thursday-Saturday and has a room for private parties.
- The Boat Basin at 79th.They allow dogs, you are on the water, the food is good, and they constantly have happy hour specials. It doesn’t get much better than this in NYC! Definitely check it out!
- Prospect Park Dog Beach. This is the only dog beach in NYC and it is worth a visit! This is a great place to meet friends, hang out and let your dog cool off on a hot summer day.
- Les Enfants Terribles has great outdoor seating and people watching. They also offer dog water in cute petit ceramic bowls.
- The Park has a large patio that is dog friendly. It’s a great spot for young people if you want to take your dog out on a Saturday afternoon, enjoy a cocktail and mingle with like-minded people. Another perk is the park along the Hudson River is right across the street!
- Shake Shack. You know a place is dog friendly when they have a canine menu! Pups can enjoy frozen treats and fresh baked biscuits at this Madison Square Park staple.
- Fetch Bar and Grill. If you want dog-friendly, great bar food and a place that supports animal rescue then Fetch is your spot. The walls are covered with patrons’ dog photos and the staff is very friendly.
- Bailey Corner Pub on East 85th. If you are looking for a place to watch the game and have a beer, then head over to Bailey’s with your dog. They are true dog lovers in this place! An added bonus is that you can have food delivered from anywhere in the neighborhood right to the bar.
- Bergdorf Goodman. If you have a well socialized pup who loves to shop then Bergdorf is your spot. The doorman will greet your dog with a smile and the 5th floor is known to supply yummy cookies.
- Bloomingdales Midtown. Bloomingdales has been accepting four legged companions in their store for as long as they have been around. This is great place to new your dog for socialization and shopping.